As we age, we have a tendency to develop bad habits. Habits that are easily hidden when we are young and our bodies are full of energy and activity. Keep in mind the following tips for healthy aging.
- Eat a Healthy Diet. Watch out for sugars in your diet and practice portion control.
- Avoid common medication mistakes. Follow the doctors directions.
- Manage health conditions. Use your insurance to keep up with your care.
- Get screened. You may feel great, but a screening could keep you ahead of any pending problems.
- Stay Active. Join a gym. Walk. Play cards. Read. Keeping your mind and body active is a key component to healthy aging
The SilverSneakers benefit to Medicare Clients is one of the best benefits for ensuring your clients health and satisfaction. Many of the Silver Sneakers facilities offer treadmills, basketball courts, swimming pools, health classes, aerobic classes, free weights and so much more… Most importantly many Medicare clients get a membership at participating SilverSneakers fitness facilities at NO COST! That’s right! It’s included with their 2018 MA/MAPD plan.
Here’s the basic information your MA/MAPD clients need to know:
- Once enrolled, members just need their SilverSneakers ID number.
- If this is their first time with a plan that has SilverSneakers, they’ll get their SilverSneakers ID number in the mail.
- If members previously had a plan with SilverSneakers (regardless of the health plan), their SilverSneakers ID number remains the same. Members can look up their number by calling SilverSneakers or visiting SilverSneakers.com.
- Next, they can find participating fitness locations at SilverSneakers.com.
- Then let the fun and fitness begin.
This is the beginning of my contributions to the new Med-Care Blog so I thought I’d give you a little insight as to what I might “blog” about moving forward.
As many of you know, I come from a sales, sales management, and clinical background so I will at times focus on the clinical aspects that affect our business, as well as management, leadership, and team building. Please be patient with me.
My background in managed care organizations, disease state management, and pharmacoeconomics has helped me better understand (more…)